Friday, April 30, 2010

Balconies & Sunshine

I was watering my plants the other day on my balcony when I glanced down and realized the cat at my feet was grey and orange (Jill) instead of brown tabbie (Mou)...My girl cats often go out on the balcony and enjoy the sunshine (interestingly, my boy cat seems to be deathly afraid of heights and will not set one paw on the balcony).

I suppose Jill had decided it was time to see some sun. She enjoys taking her day-long naps in front of the sliding glass doors...looking outside, sleeping, watching the birds, sleeping.

I'm not sure why I was surprised that my brave little Jill was not intimidated by the balcony; Jill has always seemed to have an independent spirit. I reached down and gave her a little protective pat...she seemed pleased with herself and her new adventure. I worried about her wobbly leg, but Jill as usual let me know that my worrying was unfounded. She wandered around exploring with her foster sister cats Mou and Adelie til it was time to go in.

What can I say? Girls just want to lay in the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment